Tuesday, 28 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina and I uploaded all the footage we film yesterday to the editing software Final Cut Express.

We began to look through the clips that we'd filmed and realised some of them were still quite shaky (a problem we'd had in our preliminary task aswell). We considered thinking about re-filming them but decided to begin editing first and then return back to the filming stage if necessary. We also located the file for our preliminary task and learnt how to upload it to our blog. From tomorrow we will begin to edit our final task footage together.

Monday, 27 February 2012

Today Georgina and I went to our location again and did all the filming for our main task. We will use the rest of the lessons this week to edit it together.

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Today Georgina and I had planned to do the filming for our main task, however due to rain we had to cancel it. We went over to the location but by the time the rain had stopped enough to shoot it was begining to go dark and the ground was too wet to risk equiptment/actors in accords with our risk assessment. Tomorrow we will set about finding an asap date to reschedual filming for that will work with both ourselves and our actors.

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina and I finished typing up various incomplete pieces of work to upload to the blog. We also finalised our plans for filming which we aim to begin tomorrow afternoon.

Since the children we shall be using as part of our look back at two generations are not available tomorrow, we shall be filming the teenage years scenes, then returning to the location to fil the children at another point (yet to arrange).

Monday, 20 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina and I completed our props list, location recce, questionaire draft and began to plan when we will be filming our final product.

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Today Georgina and I went to our filming location to take pictures for our photo story board. The actors we planned to use in the actual film were unavailable so we had to use subsitutes. Whilst at the location we also did our location recce and thought about any difficulties we may have in filming.

Friday, 10 February 2012

In todays lesson we watched a documentary about the making of the film 'Casino Royale' and in particular the aplication of sound to the movie. We are going to use what we've learnt to help us when making our film opening/title sequence, especially when producing the foley sounds.

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina and I decided on a location and began the draft for our risk assessment for the filming of our main task. The location we chose is Danson Park in Bexley.

We chose this location because it is quiet and usually quite empty which will be good for filming uninterrupted. It also has lots of large trees and wide open spaces which is vital for our storyline as it revolves around a big tree. In addition to the appearence, the location is also safe and easily accessible. Our final reason for selecting this location is because the children we are hoping to use in our filming live very close to this location and therefore it will be easy to get them to the location for filming.
When doing our risk assesment we focused on the risks facing the actors/crew, loctation and equiptment.

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

In todays lesson we discussed surveys and the different kinda of questions that can be used in them to retrieve specific pieces of information. Georgina and I will be composing our own survey to get an audience input towards our film opening/title sequence.

Monday, 6 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina wrote a set/props list for our main task whilst I began composing our story board. Whilst doing this I also began planning the list of shots/editing transitions we would need to use.

We realised that some of our initial plans were going to be very difficult to film and put together so we went back and made amendments to our script in order to make the content flow together in a better visual way.

Friday, 3 February 2012

In todays lesson Georgina and I wrote up the script for our main task and looked throught the different sound clips and foley clips we have collected to incorporate in our title sequence.

For the script we decided to split it into stages if different memories. As we wrote them we thought about transitions and how one shot could move smoothly into the next.

We recorded natural sound from the park location idea and also looked at instrumental clips we could feature in the opening since the video will have no dialogue. We particularly like the idea of using either piano or acoustic guitar for a non-diegetic score over the memories but first we are going to include a question about instrument preference in a survey we plan to compose in order to see what our audience favour most.
Yesterday Georgina I were able to edit together the footage of our preliminary task. The shots/result when put together was okay, however some of the continuity was not quite up to the standard we need it to be. We seemed to have lost one of the shots in which one of the two characters left the scene, meaning there is a jump in which he simply dissappears. For our main task we will obviously have to ensure this does not happen again, and also aim to keep the camera work more smooth and steady as it tended to shake slightly.